I’m hoping to make this a weekly thing. It’ll probably be a hodge-podge (my favorite coffee house in Atlanta) of completely unrelated things.
- Hamilton the new Broadway musical. I bet I won’t see it until it tours, but I’m listening to the soundtrack on repeat at all times. It is SO AMAZING. I love everything about this cast recording. I love that our very white founding fathers and the history we’ve been taught is performed by an amazing and talented cast of People of Color. I think it’s truly just perfect and I think come Tony season this is the only musical we will be hearing about.
- Spring Awakening- I’m only seeing clips of this, because to get the full effect of this revival you need to see it. It’s a combination performance of abled bodied and disabled artists. The lines and songs are all signed and it’s really just fantastic.
- Converse II. Anyone who knows me personally knows that I have a deep and longstanding love with Converse. I have always loved the Chuck Taylors and when I found out they were coming out with a new version I knew I had to have them. Nordstorms sells me shoes through the single shoe program, but these are new enough that they aren’t there yet. So, I contacted Converse directly. They couldn’t sell me just one shoe, but they did give me a discount on a new pair. They are super comfortable and I love them already.
- I ordered patio furniture for our little sun porch a month ago. Then we spent a month talking about how we needed to clean off the porch so we could set up our patio furniture. Yesterday I took it upon myself to do just this (with the help of Oldest who begrudgingly took some things to the basement. I then spent quite a few hours setting it up. My theater degree always comes in handy when furniture together with a hex key.
- I’m reading Dumplin’ by Julie Murphy. I am slowly devouring this book. I don’t want it to end. I don’t want to finish it. I love everything about it. I wanted to underline the entirety of chapter 12. As someone who isn’t classically beautiful. Who also did a beauty pageant (I wanted the scholarship (who am I kidding, I also wanted the crown)). This book is hitting all of my spots.
I haven’t finished the book yet (intentionally because I just want to hold onto every word) so I don’t know how her story ends, but I can’t wait to find out.